Employer: Education Quality Improvement Programme in Tanzania (EQUIP-T)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 2nd Nov 2013
The DFID-funded Education Quality Improvement Programme in Tanzania (EQUIP-T) aims to support 25 districts in their efforts to produce a better quality of primary education for more than one million children in over 2,000 primary schools.
We are looking for an Operations Support Assistant to provide administration, logistics, travel and visa service support to the Programme in Shinyanga region.
• Providing all necessary support for managing Consultants visits including travel and accommodation arrangements, making arrangements for programme staff official trips.
• Facilitating annual reviews, workshops, research by drawing up schedules and itineraries for activities, confirming and arranging meetings.
• Keeping the teams updated on staff movements and appointments on a weekly basis.
• Identification of suitable venues for all workshops and events
• Management of the visa application process of non-Tanzanian technical staff.
• Processing bills and requests for payments. Keeping financial records and documents for all relevant departments.
• Maintenance of the contacts database and document registers, ensuring all information is updated and files are kept in good order
• Supporting the Procurement process for the project ensuring adherence to project specific guidelines
• Arranging all appointments and meetings for Senior Managers and technical team, making necessary arrangements for these appointments.
• Any other administration duties as required
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Hold a relevant qualification in administration/office skills or IT
• Previous experience of providing administrative support to a programme team
• Have worked within a multi-disciplinary team (desirable)
• Have excellent knowledge of the Tanzanian immigration service as well as previous experience in visa facilitation
• Be able to work under pressure with good problem solving skills
• Be IT literate with good communication and organisation skills.
• Be able to prioritise with good attention to detail.
• Be pro-active in dealing with facility-related issues as well as the logistics of running a busy development programme office.
How to Apply:
All application must be sent via email to Office Manager, Lameck Sebyiga EQUIP-Tanzania, email@example.com and all applicants must residing in either Shinyanga or Mwanza region.