Employer: Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 24th Oct 2013
• Holders of Degree in Banking, Finance Management, Economics, Accountancy or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sorting, collecting and posting of vouchers. Recording incoming and out-going mails. Working out simple calculations and checking.
• Stamping and machine listing of vouchers and other documents. Attending customers over the counter very politely and quickly. Carrying out telling duties under close supervision of assigned officer. Preparing simple returns, summaries and maintaining registers. Doing simple reconciliation work.
• Collecting, scrutinizing and arranging vouchers. Posting ledgers
• Posting of statements
• Verification of signatures and scrutinizing vouchers for posting to different ledgers. Posting of Profit and Loss Accounts, Bills payable accounts, Cables and Telegrams. To maintain and improve Banker / Customer relations.
• Performs telling duties such as:-
• Receiving deposits which may consist of cash, cheques, postal and money orders,
• Counting cash deposited and ensures that it is correctly entered on the deposit slips.
• Scrutinizing cheques and postal and money orders deposited in order to ensure that the customer has a title to the instrument.
• Receiving and registering Foreign Bills, Payment Procedures and notification to customer's drawer banks .. Carrying out the duties of establishing Letter of Credits guarantees and indemnities and security bonds.
• Be conversant with recent exchange control regulations in connection with Import / Export Business.
• Handling purchase of Foreign Currencies, cheques, drafts and Travelers' cheques from customers at the applicable buying rate.
• Accepting Tanzania shillings for the sale of Foreign in the form of Mail Transfers, Telegraphic Transfer and Drafts.
• Buying sufficient stock of Foreign Currency notes and coins to meet normal requirements. Keeping sufficient stock of Foreign Currency notes and coins to meet normal requirements. Undertaking internal transfer of cash form.
• Preparing of final statement of the total receipts and payments of cash by the branch.
• Carrying out calculations intended to arrive at the overall cash position of the branch and arranging to keep just sufficient cash in the branch to meet normal requirements.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
Dar es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview