Job Title: Zonal Officer – One Post
Employer: Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th Jan 2014
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by section 60 of Water supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. DUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Dodoma urban within the Municipality.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians male and female, to fill in excellent carrier opportunities:
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Holder of Diploma in Business Administration/Public Administration, Mass communication
• Management/Accountancy/FTC or its equivalent from a recognized institution and must be computer literate.
• Ensuring that water losses (physical and commercial) do not exceed 20% of water supplied to your Zone at any time.
• Ensuring that all customer water meters in your respective zone are accurately recording the actual quantity of water consumed by making regular analysis of meter registering accuracy and site visit to identify under-registering water meters,
• Identifying all potential (large water consuming) customers in your zone, regularly monitoring their consumption trend by taking records of their water meters, making proper analysis of the amount of water consumed VS actual situation/environment of the compound.
• Liaising with Operation Technician to ensure that all leakages in your respective zone are promptly attended within the same day.
• Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by OE.
Terms of Employment for the Posts: Permanent and pensionable.
Age Limit for the Applicants
Applicants preferably are between 20- 40 years of age.
The posts carry attractive remunerations package subject to work professional experience and qualifications;
How to Apply:
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV. Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before Or on 10th January 2014:
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 431,
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview; and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful candidates.
Women are strongly encourage to apply
"Tanzanian Women are highly encouraged to apply"