Job Title: New Vaccines Surveillance Officer
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 14th January 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Sentinel and Satellite site VI~ to ensure that surveillance is being conducted according to the assessment protocol and data is being collected per standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ensure data entry is done properly at Sentinel sites and perform quality checks including completeness and linkages of laboratory results
- Ensure all specimens collected are tested at sentinel sites laboratories and all positive samples are sent 10 the National Lab for further testing.
- Ensure sentinel sites follow pre-determined timelines for data collection and required milestones are met as per protocol.
- Support MOH in ensuring that all stall involved in the assessment study are properly trained and provide supportive supervision
- Support monthly data reviews meetings at the sentinel sites and quarterly harmonization and re-fresher training workshops for all sentinel sites
- Provide support to members of the technical team and meet with them regularly
- Prepare regular progress reports
Social Science Degree.
Post Graduate Diploma In Statistics,
Epidemiology and Research Methodology
At least 5 yean; of experience in Social Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology and Research activities.
Experience in other areas such as Public Health Management would be an asset.
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
Excellent knowledge of Statistical packages, Communication packages and Microsoft application (e.g Excel, Word, Power Point, etc)
Excellent knowledge of English and Swahili. Knowledge of French will be an asset.
How to Apply:
Applicants will initially be evaluated based on documentation submitted with the application, then high ranked applicants will be invited for interview. Therefore, it is essential that applicants submit proof of the required qualifications stated above including a detailed CV, passport size photograph, copies of certificates and testimonials to WHO Representative,
Attention: Operations Officer,
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.