Job Title: Water Network Technician II (One Post) Re-advertised
Employer: Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA)
Duty Station: Tanga
Application Deadline: 13th January 2014
Key duties and responsibilities:
- These posts carry attractive packages respectively, according to the Authority's newly reviewed market focused pay scheme and other entitlements.
- Performs all activities related to water network management - regularly inspecting and testing the network, carrying out maintenance activities, repairing break-downs, and generally ensuring that the network is in sound conditions at all times;
- Compiles and analyses bulk meter readings and functioning of other water network infrastructures;
- Monitors the flow of water in the network and advises the Water Network Engineer of any trends that might impinge on the proper working of the network;
- Investigates breakdowns in the network and proposes effective measures for repair;
- Assigns and supervises the daily activities of the water network Artisans
- Investigates cases of sabotages/misuses of water network infrastructures, and advises the Water Network Engineer accordingly;
- Keeps proper records of all tools and equipment used in the management of the network, and takes measures to ensure the safekeeping of all such tools and equipment;
- Comply with ISO requirements on the daily activities
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Water Network Engineer from time to time.
The holder of this position must have the following:
- Full Technician Certificate/Diploma in Civil/Water Resources Engineering.
- Computer literate and good command of AutoCAD or related software application.
- Experience of at least two years working in a reputable business entity since
How to Apply:
A hand-written application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing current working position, address, at least two referees and day telephone numbers; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Your application letter should reach the undersigned before 13th January 2014.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification from consideration into applications processing steps
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban-Water Supply & Sewerage Authority