Job Title: Sub Editor (
es Salaam Post)
Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Application Deadline: 4th Jan 2014
- Checks and corrects editorial copy allocated by the Chief Sub- Editor for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, and spellings.
- Subs copy to fit allocated space without distorting facts or dispensing with the salient points.
- Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity and style.
- Rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Edits the pictures selected by the Chief Sub-Editor to fit the allocated space, and writes/rewrites appropriate caption taking care not to merely state tile obvious details.
- Submits the edited copy to the Chief Sub-Editor within set deadlines. Makes up the editorial pages as directed by the Chief Sub-Editor.
- Checks all headlines, captious, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
- At least four years' experience in journalism part of which as a sub editor Degree in Journalism
- Mastery of English and Swahili grammar
NB: Applicants Must Be Residents Of Above Areas
A competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.