Job Title: Social Welfare Officer III (One Post)
Employer: Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th Jan 2014
The Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI) was established by the
Act of Parliament No.2 of 1996.The Institute: is a semi-autonomous organization which operates at "arm's length," under the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare. The Institute has various roles which all stem on the main role of controlling Cancer in Tanzania.
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Social work, Sociology from a recognised Institution
• Conducting interviews and counseling patients (in- patients and out - patients)
• Arranging group therapy, involvement in pediatric work, 'it, community work, and social problems.
• Carrying out major ward rounds to identify and assessing t the progress of patients
• Conducting home visits for out - patients
• Rehabilitation of mentally and physically handicapped in collaboration with other social welfare net works.
• Collecting data and statistics for exempted patients and other cases that require Institute support.
• Assesses patients' needs within the cost sharing scheme and advises management accordingly.
• Preparing various periodical reports pertaining patients with social and economical problems that can management in decision making.
• Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by his/her superior.
a) All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
b) Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers and three referees.
c) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
d) Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates, professional certificates from respective Boards.
e) Applicants must attach computer certificates and birth certificate;
f) Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted;
g) Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania(NECTA)
h) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action;
i) Deadline of receiving applications: two weeks from 1 st appearance of this advertisement;
j) Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
How to Apply:
All applicants must address their application letter to the address below.-
The Executive Director,
Ocean Road Cancer Institute,
P.O. BOX 3592,
Dar es Salaam.