Job Title: Social Media Marketing Manager
Employer: Digital Waves Africa
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 17th Jan 2014
About Digital Waves Africa Limited
We are a group of self motivated group of individuals with the urge to bring in those high end technical and visually creative aspects to the online space exclusively in the Tanzanian Market. To establish the base, we follow well established process and have a strategic approach to the business. We also have highly technically sound creative experts who are the strength of our organization. The team consists of experts in different field of online space management.
Candidate will oversee Social Media campaigns that include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting.
Essential Duties (Social Media):
• Work with clients to create a social media strategy that collaborates with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns.
• Research top influencers, competitors, and trends in clients' industries
• Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience
• Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the client
• Be happy, smile, and bring a positive attitude to the office (bringing yummy treats to the office is always a bonus too)
• Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities
• Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect client and their brand (Customize social media pages (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc.)
• Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts
• Conduct agency meetings, advise on projects, and motivate staff to engage socially
• Continue to refine and define our social marketing process
• Attend strategy meetings and brainstorm on PR, social media, marketing initiatives and suggestions.
• Work with business development team to assist in developing new client RFP proposals.
• Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives.
• Implement and manage processes and workflows
• Lead the Agency in setting strategies for PR, communications, and social media campaigns
• Present and sell plans to agency management and clients.
• Occasionally travels to supported markets or client events
• Must have a bachelors degree in communications, marketing or journalism or related field
• At least 2+ years of social media management experience
• At least 2+ years of ad agency experience
• Highly organized
• Excellent written and oral fluency in English and Swahili
• Strong communicator
• Pro-active and self starter
• Excellent client-facing skills (people person)
• A rock-star that bleeds social media marketing, able to translate his/her vision on this field into concrete actions and recommendations for our clients
What We Offer:
Exciting work environment with international people from Africa, Europe and Asia
A chance to grow with the company
How to Apply:
If you think you are the person we are looking for, send a mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org