Job Title: Senior Program Officer (One Post)
Employer: Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 22nd December 2013
- Undertake the entire management and supervision of the project and ensure timely delivery of the outputs on time.
- Undertake and ensure that all project goals are implemented timely and ensure that funds are spent in accordance with the project objectives.
- Make an oversight on the quality and usefulness of all materials (books; articles in the newspapers, brochures, training manuals, project reports) and other project materials written and published under the project.
- Communicate with the donor regarding the progress of the project and any challenges encountered and propose ways to overcome them;
- Prepare and submit quarterly, semi-annual and annual technical project report and submit them to the Executive Director and the donor;
- Provide technical advice to the Executive Director, the project implementing team and the Board on how the project could be implemented smoothly.
- Qualification and experience needed
- S/he should be environmentalists with 7 years experience in environmental law, environmental management and protection; S/he should have a minimum of masters' degree in environmental law, environmental and natural resources management and protection;
- S/he should have good experience in project management, training and capacity building, and hands-on experience an financial management.
- S/he should have working experience on human resources management.
- S/he should have adequate computer knowledge and skills;
- Should have good interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work as team and mentor people under him or her; S/he should have excellent writing and presentation skills in both Kiswahili and English languages.
Willingness to accept responsibility and be held accountable; 0rganizer, collegial, honest, creative, self-motivated, highly disciplined and able to work for longer hours;
Able to travel to remote areas for project supervision; Ability to write project proposal;
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
LEAT will offer competitive salary package plus the opportunity to apply your energy and skills to archive the organizational goals.
If you think that you meet the described requirements please write to us and send an application letter explaining in detail how you qualify, enclosing a detailed CV, academic transcript and certificates, recommendation from reputable referees and contact telephone numbers before 22ndDecember 2013. All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you won't be contacted by 30th December, 2013. Consider your application unsuccessful
All applications should be addressed to':
The Executive Director
Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
No phone calls