Job Title: Senior Medical Officer III (One Post)
Employer: Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th Jan 2014
The Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI) was established by the
Act of Parliament No.2 of 1996.The Institute: is a semi-autonomous organization which operates at "arm's length," under the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare. The Institute has various roles which all stem on the main role of controlling Cancer in Tanzania.
Direct Entry Qualifications
• Holder of Doctor of Medicine Degree or its equivalent from any recognised institution who has completed internship and registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika.
• He/ she must have at least six years working experience in health fields.
• Perform routine medical services for in-patients and out- patients;
• Perform daily ward rounds and prepare patient case notes;
• Participate in major ward rounds;
• Perform all investigations for patients
• Participate in morning clinical sessions, CMEs and journal clubs;
• Train and educate pupils and students from primary and secondary schools;
• Conduct research and produce reports;
• Participate in development of research proposals and its implementation;
• Undertake outreach programs;
• Supervise junior doctors and interns in their medical duties at the institute;
• Ensure prescribed instructions are carried out;
• Participate and conduct clinical teaching of medical doctors, Interns and medical students and other allied health professionals;
• Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by his/her superior.
a) All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
b) Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers and three referees.
c) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
d) Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates, professional certificates from respective Boards.
e) Applicants must attach computer certificates and birth certificate;
f) Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted;
g) Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
h) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action;
i) Deadline of receiving applications: two weeks from 1 st appearance of this advertisement;
j) Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
How to Apply:
All applicants must address their application letter to the address below.-
The Executive Director,
Ocean Road Cancer Institute,
P.O. BOX 3592,
Dar es Salaam.