Employer: Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th Jan 2014
The Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI) was established by the
Act of Parliament No.2 of 1996.The Institute: is a semi-autonomous organization which operates at "arm's length," under the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare. The Institute has various roles which all stem on the main role of controlling Cancer in Tanzania.
Direct entry Qualifications:
• Holder of Masters Degree in Law and registered Advocate of the High Court with at least five years relevant experience in a reputable organization.
• Supervising Sructinisation of leases and transfers of properties and effect registration of leases and transfer of properties in liaison with estate manager;
• Assist the management in evolving legally sound personnel and administration policies, Government circulars, notices as well as devising ways and means of implementing them;
• Supervise and coordinate activities of all staff who reports to him/her
• Coordinating negotiations for general contracts pertaining to leases and transfer of properties; Formulates legal defence and prosecution strategies for cases in which the Institute has interest
• Draws up prescribed legal forms and other documents, Gives legal opinion as required by superiors,
• Drafts contracts between ORCI and other parties, Attends and defends court cases on behalf of the Institute, Provides advice on leases, tenancies and related matters as directed by the supervisor
• Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by his/her superior.
a) All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
b) Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers and three referees.
c) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
d) Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates, professional certificates from respective Boards.
e) Applicants must attach computer certificates and birth certificate;
f) Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted;
g) Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania(NECTA)
h) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action;
i) Deadline of receiving applications: two weeks from 1 st appearance of this advertisement;
j) Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
How to Apply:
All applicants must address their application letter to the address below.-
The Executive Director,
Ocean Road Cancer Institute,
P.O. BOX 3592,
Dar es Salaam.