Job Title: Security Officer
Job level: BA3
Employer: National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th Dec 2013
Provide an effective, professional service In accordance to the NBC LTD prescribed strategies in relation to one or all of the ,following for a specific region: High Risk Personnel (HRP) and VIP Protection, Cash Chain Security, Building Security and Non-cash holding facilities. Assist In developing, Implementing and maintaining regional and other protection plans In line with the NBC Security Plan.
• Oversee all the premises security activities and security guard activity and report to Security Manager.
• Pass security Instruction received from Security Manager to the Security Guards and ensure that they are implemented.
• Submit monthly management Information MI to the security Manager for review.
• Review all In effective control In the RCA and ensure actions are closed on timely manner.
• Review the Issue tracker and close all action as per agreed time lines. Ensure all Items on the risk register they are closed on timely manner. Support Fraud team by providing them with CCTV footages evidence where required in order to facilitate the Investigation.
• Conduct Branch snap checks and ensure all findings are included in the Issue tracker and tracked for closure.
• Provide security awareness to all employees including how to act in an emergence situation like bomb threat. by conducting Training at the Branches and Head office and issuing of circulars.
• Immediately report to the security Manager of any threat and gather crime statics of the country and report the same to Security Manager.
• Conduct security training for all security point of contact (SPOCS).
• Ensure that all security vendors they have conducted screening of their employees before they are deployed at NBC.
• Identify security risks by visiting and conducting security risk assessment to Branches and Head office and propose and articulate to Security Manager to identify corrective measure.
• Communicate unusual threats, which may be likely to occur, through Circulars.
• Report incidents like bomb threat Burglary or attacks on a given prescribed incident reporting form to Security Manager as and when these occur.
• Maintain an update security files and all security records.
• Maintain security equipment within NBC Head office and Branches by checking and performing attestation to ensure they are in order.
• Maintain security vendor list with complete details 'like vendor name, contact person, contact number, etc.
• Arrange repair of security equipments through vendor and submit quotes to Security Manager for approval.
• Perform due diligence checks of all security equipment and ensure that these are fully functional. Highlight discrepancies to the Security Manager' for corrective actions.
• Submit recommendation to Security Manager for need of security enhancement or improvement.
• Implement access control procedures and all security related policies that has been advised by NBC.
• Ensure that NBC security policy is being followed in all respect by visiting Branches and checking adherence to the to the Policy and conducting varies training and testing.
• Checking and monitoring the performance a f the contracted Guarding company to NBC outlets and advise to the same to the Security Manager.
• Provide pro active security measures by reporting any suspicious activities that can be carried out within and nearby NBC outlets, In order to limit reactive Investigation.
• Ensure Implementation of the security policy and procedures visiting Branches and checking for compliance.
• Manage security related query from Branches and customers and report them to the Security Manager on time for corrective actions.
• Follow up and conduct onsite Investigations whenever there is an Incident like Burglary, theft etc and come up with findings to Security Manager for actions.
• Ensure compliance with the following: gift register, kilometer claims, annual and sick leave taken, asset register and compliance with all other relevant compliance requirements from time to time, which Includes Business Continuity updates, Ad Hoc Training.
• Comply with performance development standard document and manage own performance process .
• Ensure compliance to the NBC disciplinary process In accordance with Human Resources policy and procedures.
• Take ownership of own training requirements In relations role and take ownership In enhancing performance In Identifying shortcomings.
• Continuously enhance own performance In relation to customer expectations.
• Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) Understanding of the VIP protection environment (Banking related in particular)
• Investigative abilities
• Building security
• Risk management
• Interpersonal skills
• Analytical thinking/approach
• Degree/ Advanced Diploma/ Diploma in Banking
• Five (5) years experience in Security Disciplines,
• Technology and Methodologies on at least a security consultancy level.
Attractive performance based rewards on achieving targets and overall business performance.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit their application letter current detailed CV's, copies of certificates, 2 referees and their contacts to;
Human Resources Business Partner
National Bank of Commerce (NBC)
7th Floor, NBC House
Through fax No 2113749 or
If you are not contacted by NBC within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Please send all applications before 30th Dec 2013.