Job Title: Secretary to the Commission -One Post - FCC/SC/01/2013
Employer: Fair Competition Commission (FCC)
Application Deadline: 15th January 2014
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranging and ensuring proper conduct of any business of the Commission including to maintain Commissioners and Committee Matrix (a comprehensive roadmap of routine and non-routine Commission and Committee business and governance matters, the related materials, resolutions and presenters for Commissioners and Committee meetings;
- Arranging all meetings of the Commissioners in consultation with the Chairman and Director General;
- Recording all proceedings of the Commissioners meetings including drafting and keeper of all minutes of management committee meetings;
- Representing the Commission as its legal counsel in all contentious matters involving the Commission before Courts of Law and labour Tribunals;
- Participate in reviewing and make appropriate recommendations on revisions of the Fair Competition Act and its regulations;
- Advising the Commission on the proper interpretation and application of laws and all agreements that have bearing on all administrative and labour matters including the implementation and review of Staff Rules & Regulations and Scheme of Service;
- Drafting legal instruments, contracts, conveyance deeds, custodian of the Commission's legal documents and seal of the Commission;
- Maintaining a register of any conflict of interest pursuant to FCC's Code of Conduct and carrying out other functions relating to the Code of Conduct as specified therein;
- Assisting the Director General in ensuring implementation of all decisions and directives of the Commission and preparing periodic reports on the same;
- Performing any other secretarial, legal and administrative duties as assigned by the Director General.
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a good Bachelor's Degree in Law from a recognized university, Master's degree is an advantage;
- An Advocate of the High Court with particularly experience of not less than five years in court-room litigation in labour matters and drafting of minutes, resolutions and contracts;
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and a team player;
- Must have excellent writing skills for legal documents/briefs;
- Possession of computer knowledge and knowledge in a legal software is an added advantage.
- A high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Willingness to work beyond normal working Hours and;
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills;
Tenure and Remuneration
FCC is an equal opportunity organization Females with required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
The selected candidate will be employed on a three (3) year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance.
How to Apply:
Applications attaching photocopies of Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, stating names of three Referees and quoting the Reference Number of the post one is applying for on both the letter and envelop, should be forwarded to the Fair Competition Commission using the address below;
Fair Competition Commission,