Job Title: Secretariat ED-DPG
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 6th Jan 2014
'The main objective of the Education Development Partners Greup (ED DPG) is to support the Tanzania education system (Mainland and' Zanzibar) in achieving efficient, effective and equitable delivery of education services through coordination, of Development Partner (DP) interventions with those of Government and other education stakeholders. The ED DPG maintains a Secretariat, who is an independent Consultant, to provide administrative, operational, and strategic support to the group and facilitate information sharing and communication with the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MOEVT) and other stakeholders.
• USAID/Tanzania (the current chair of the ED DPG) would like to hire the services of a Consultant to serve as the ED-DPG Secretariat. This will be eleven month position starting on 31 January through 15th December 2014. The Consultant willli1e responsible for the following activities:
• Organize ED DPG meetings, including the annual retreat, prepare agendas, produce and circulate minutes after meetings;
• Circulate key points/issues for discussion and compile responses that represent a coordinated ED DPG approach;
• Work closely with the MOEVT to initiate and prepare sector meetings that further policy dialogue between government and diverse sets, of education stakeholders;
• Maintain a calendar of events to inform timetables of the Government and ED DPG members;
• Regularly up-date the DPG website on education issues;
• Facilitate communication and information between the Government of Tanzania and the Development Partners;
• Coordinate ED DPG activities and assist implementation of the Global Partnership for Education; and
• Any other duties as will be, determined to support the ED-DPG .
• Academic achievement of Master's Degree or higher in education and/or Social Sciences.
• In-depth knowledge of the Education Sector processes in Tanzania, including planning, management and budgeting of public sector 'resources;
• Experience initiating and facilitating policy dialogue between government and diverse sets of education stakeholders is preferred;
• Experience serving in a related functional area will be an added advantage;
• Excellent analysis and report writing skills;
• Fluency in both Kiswahili and English languages.
Required Application Materials:
The following application materials must accompany applications:
How to Apply:
Write "Secretariat ED DPG" on the subject line. Please submit a CV and cover letter summarizing relevant expertise and experience and qualification, and all other required documents listed above to the Email Link above. Please also include your salary history utilizing Form AID 1420-17 as part of your application. The form can be found at http://www.usaid.gov/forms .Only finalists will he contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.