Employer: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation [EGPAF]
Duty Station: Tabora, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 13th Dec 2013
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation [EGPAF] supports Tanzania's Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and other stakeholders in the roll out and strengthening of a broad scale up of HIV programs through a District approach. Supported programs include comprehensive and integrated Reproductive & Child Health and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) services in seven regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Shinyanqa, Simiyu, Tabora, Lindi and Mtwara); HIV Care and Treatment services (C& T) in four regions (Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Tabora and Lindi); and community based HIV support .ervices, including Home Based Care (HBC) in three regions on mainland Tanzania (Mwanza, Pwani and Tabora) and on Zanzibar.
The Regional Program Manager has the main responsibility of promoting Clizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation's country strategic plan and provides specific programmatic t operational strategic direction to facilitate the work of EGPAF in respective region(s). RPM is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the implementation of activities in respective regions and supports project management with a focus on leadership and management, supervision of technical team and program activities, supervision of operations team and operational program activities, (on tracts and grants, communication and representation as well as capacity building and transition to local authorities. The RPM ensures that the program delivers the designed objectives and intended impact is realized.
Major Responsibilities and Tasks
1. Leadership and management
• Implement a country strategic plan and ensure that field office staffs are involved in the implementation of the country strategic plan.
• Ensure that the foundation provides technical, financial and material inputs and assistance to local implementing health facilities/sub-grantees and ensure that their technical and financial performance is of a high standard.
• Assure effective planning and coordination of program and operations activities in respective region (s).
• Oversee program operations and reporting, ensuring compliance with Foundation policies, USG rules and regulations, MoHSW policies, and Tanzania law.
• Oversee the preparation of annual work plans and budgets.
2. Supervise technical team and program activities
• Supervise the Regional Program Coordinator (RPC) and ensure that the program meets the targets and deliverables outlined in the cooperative agreement and satisfies other program commitments.
• Conduct quarterly joint supportive supervision with the RHMTs. Facilitate the implementation of the planned activities and work plans.
• Facilitate the implementation of the sub grantees planned activities and work plans.
• Organize and conduct proposal renewal workshop. Organize and conduct partners meeting.
• Ensure that RPC prepare and. submit monthly and quarterly technical reports to TA,TD, ATD and ADFP.
3. Supervise operations team and operational program activities:
Contracts and grants
• Supervise the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) in his/her responsibility for management of office space, communications, transportation, local procurement, general logistics, finance, human resources, IT, and contract and grants.
• Ensure adequate supervision of EGPAF supported sub-grantees. Assure timely and practical feedback to EGPAF's sub-grantees based on their submitted data and the findings from supervision. Ensure proper communication with EGPAF partners and sites for smooth and effective implementation and monitoring of EGPAF program.
• Manages the process of establishing sub-agreements with partners.
• Ensures sub grantees have available funding per their agreements at all times.
• Ensures the implementation of sub agreements in line with all applicable policies, procedures and local laws.
• Ensures all documentation regarding the sub grantees is well maintained.
• Interface with the compliance field team to ensure proper alliance. With donor regulations,
• Work with the operation’s and technical team to ensure appropriate staffing in field offices and participate in the recruitment process of technicians and operations staff when appropriate.
• Assure proper orientation of new staff at field office.
• Ensure that FAO and RPC conduct performance evaluations to their staff in a professional and timely manner and submit the performance evaluations on time.
• Promote team building among all staff in field offices
Procurement and Logistics
• Oversees all processes for identifying appropriate goods and services to be purchased in order to support the Foundation’s needs.
• Manages relationships with key vendors and landlords, and ensures all procurement activities are properly documented and all appropriate pre-approvals are obtained.
• Oversee management of an inventory system of all Foundation property and equipment, ensures vehicles are properly maintained ofthe Foundation's sub awardees.
• Oversees the general maintenance, security and use of the Foundation's office premise(s), equipment and supplies and ensures that appropriate procedures are in place for receiving visitors and external phone calls.
4. Communication and representation
• Acts as the primary point of contact for all field office matters. Ensures both that technical and operational information from the field is properly communicated to Dar es Salaam office. Ensure that technical and operational information from Dar es Salaam office is properly communicated to and understood by field office staff.
• Ensure the spirit of collaboration is maintained in the field office taking into consideration each department within the field office, also engenders teamwork and a collegial, supportive, and integrated approach for all departments at field office level. Establish and maintain partnerships with local and central government authorities, local and international NGOs as well as other stakeholders in the region (s).
• Represent the Foundation to the Government of Tanzania, the USG, other donors, NGOs, private companies, and relevant stakeholders.
• Work with stakeholders and partners to support national guidelines and procedures for new service establishment, including financial and administrative support for HIV clinical services.
• Interface with the local government authorities and relevant agencies to ensure mutual understanding of programs and optimize resource distribution and the allocation of available funds.
Capacity buildinq and transition to local authorities:
• Oversees the technical and operational capacity building efforts of sub grantees in the region.
• Oversee implementation of sub grantees capacity building plans.
• Supervise implementation of transition and technical responsibility of EGPAF program to district councils and local organizations.
• Supervise implementation of transition of management and financial responsibility of EGPAF program to district councils and local organizations.
• Work with technical/operations staff to strengthen the capacity of sub-grantees to perform training and planning tasks.
6. Contribute to new business development and proposal development
• Participate in business development and proposal development activities of the Foundation.
• Facilitate availability of field information and data to the new business development team when required to do so ..
• Develop relationships and initiatives at field level to secure additional and longer term financial support to the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Medical Officer or Nursing Officer preferably with Masters in Public Health or related field
• Demonstrated experience in managing human and financial resourc
• At least lour years professional experience in HIV program management and practical experience in HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries is required
How to Apply:
Send your CV and cover letters explaining how the experience detailed on in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Human resource Manager EGPAF
p o box 1628
Oysterbay, Haille Selasie road plot No 8 & 10