Job Title: Quantity Surveyor -One Post
Employer: National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th December 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare in-house Bills and/or Schedules of Quantities of materials, labour and services required in the construction and equipment of building, or engineering works;
- To assist in preparation of tender / contract documents for Fund's building / engineering projects;
- To prepare and value of progress and final payments in connection with any contract or sub-contract;
- To carry out an appraisal of the value of proposed constructions or other structures already erected;
- To provide advice and forecasts about costs;
- To prepare specifications when required so to do;
- To perform risk analysis evaluations;
- To prepare and submit final accounts for Fund's projects;
- To carry out feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs for Fund's projects;
- To carry out interim payment assessment;
- To advise on legal and contractual matters in cases of dispute in connection with building, or engineering work;
- To advise from time to time on cost management, or value management;
- To monitor each stage of construction to ensure that costs are in line with forecasts;
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor,
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced Diploma / Degree in Building Economics or its equivalent;
- Must be' registered with the Architects & Quantity Surveyors Registration Board as a Professional Quantity Surveyor;
- Experience:Minimum of 8 years;
- Proven experience in contract / project management; High level experience in Microsoft Office software;
How to Apply:
Terms of contract of service
Successful applicants for the post of Clerk of Works will be employed on two years contract. The contract may be renewed depending on work performance.
All applicants must be able to speak, read and write in both English and Kiswahili.
All applicants must have proven skills of computer applications.
Applicants should be ready to work in any of NHIF offices in the country.
All applicants must be of the age below 36 years old by
Attractive and competitive remuneration package shall be offered to the right candidates.
Handwritten applications attached with current coloured passport size photograph of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates, CV and names and addresses of two referees should reach the undersigned not later than 27th December 2013. Applications should be submitted by post or physically at NHIF Head office located at Kurasini Bendera Tatu, near Tanzania Habours Authority Headquarters,
Dar es Salaam.
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer.
National Health Insurance Fund