Job Title: Public Relations Officer I (One Post)
Employer: Tanga Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (Tanga UWASA)
Duty Station: Tanga
Application Deadline: 13th January 2014
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manages the public relations function in the Authority by formulating short and long term work programmes for enhancing the image of the Authority amongst the public, and ensures that such programmes are implemented;
- Provides the Managing Director with advice on all matters relating to the public image of the Authority and on its social responsibilities;
- Takes measures to promote the standing of the Authority and to develop a positive image amongst members of the public, and in particular amongst key opinion leaders and stakeholders;
- Maintains close liaison with members of the press to ensure that the press is aware of the work of the Authority and has a positive attitude towards the Authority;
- Responds to requests for information from members of the public and ensures that correct information is given to the public - always keeping in mind that the Authority's spokesperson is the Managing Director;
- Helps Departments and other units of the Authority in publicising their work and ensuring that a proper image of the Authority is projected at all times;
- Attends to matters of protocol in all events in which the Authority is engaged;
- Maintains a library containing materials on various events that have historical significance to the Authority;
- Prepares periodic reports outlining current trends in the stature of the Authority vis-a-vis its key stakeholders and the results of the public relations activities;
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in Mass Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing/Business Management. Post- graduate qualifications in journalism or management will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have an experience of at least three years working in a reputable business entity since graduation.
How to Apply:
A hand-written application letter attached with an updated Curriculum Vitae showing current working position, address, at least two referees and day telephone numbers; copies of relevant academic qualification certificates and other relevant testimonials.
Your application letter should reach the undersigned before 13th January 2014.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification from consideration into applications processing steps
All applications should be directed to:
The Managing Director
Tanga Urban-Water Supply & Sewerage Authority