Job Title: Projects Administrative Support Officer
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th December 2013
To provide administrative and logistical support to the office of Projects, Grants and External Relations to run efficiently.
- Setup and maintenance of files and a filing system in accordance with the current projects and applicable project instructions for financial and technical documentation and reports
- Manage a project filling system, on-line and hard copy to support efficient and effective project documentation and reporting Take minutes as may be required during Projects Office meetings
- Draft correspondences, presentations and support the preparation of reports, presentations, as required. Follow-up on correspondences and outstanding requests for action.
- Coordinate for Project Teams, course participants, AKU-IED links and others.
- Responsible for organizing project meetings and the set up to be used in those meetings (e.g. resources, making room bookings) at AKU-IED and, as appropriate, off-site in the locations where we work facilities utilized by the project team at the head office as well as site offices
- Provide admin support for donor and funder groups visiting AKU-IED and projects
- Provide communications (phone and dongle) coverage for Project team as required especially during field trips Facilitate documentation issuing processes.
- Assist the office of the Senior Manager, Projects and Project M&E team with document distribution, scanning, copying, etc. Assemble or assist in assembling relevant reference data and documentation as necessary.
- Arranging for and following up the purchases of projects related items.
- Requesting and following up on project team related contracts and other documentation. Liaise and coordinate with other relevant departments for audit and M & E purposes. Undertake any other requirements of the project as required.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant area, Master's preferred Minimum 3 years administrative office support experience. Projects Administrative experience preferred.
- Skills Required:
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office Software,
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write good reports
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy work environment Positive and can do attitude
How to Apply:
Please send your application comprising a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, a current CV, and contact details for two professional referees to
Human Resources Office, AKU-TIHE,