Employer: CARE Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 17 December 2013
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE Tanzania is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
Reporting to the Technical Unit Director for Economic Development and Women Empowerment (EDWE), the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management and support to the Link Up Program Initiative. S/he will be responsible for carrying out linkage assessments, facilitating linkages of 2,000 mature Village Savings and Loans (VSL) groups to formal financial institutions, monitoring the linked groups and documenting their development. S/he will work with the technical unit, network service providers and bank teams in facilitating development, piloting and scaling up of appropriate products and platforms that facilitate linkage through mobile technology or normal linkage. S/he will supervise the linkages carried out by the Technical Officers for Linkage, Financial Literacy and Capacity Building in conjunction with Community Based Trainers.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the project staffs’ activities in the field in collaboration with the Program Quality and Learning Manager and will ensure that the project staff activities are in line with CARE Tanzania’s Mwangaza Program. She will also undertake joint program and financial reviews to ensure financial reporting is in line with program implementation reports. She will also be responsible for coordinating procurement and management of project assets.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Plan, lead, organize, direct and evaluate implementation of financial linkage activities to the Village Savings and Loan (VSL) groups in our areas of operation including Morogoro and Zanzibar in accordance with CARE’s guidelines on financial linkages.
• Ensure compliance with CARE performance management system for self and supervisees
• Provide technical support to field based project staff and Community Based Trainers to enable them meet the project goals, objectives and targets.
• In liaison with project staff, prepare and review monthly budget expenditures. Work closely with the technical unit and finance team in preparation of annual budgets and for efficient and effective budget management
• Provide stewardship in the management of project resources; human, financial and assets to ensure effective and efficient utilisation of the same
• Ensure adherence to CARE’s financial and administration (including property and procurement) policies and procedures.
• Create understanding among his/her staff on the financial and procurement procedures, regulations and the respective donor requirements, and monitors compliance.
• Facilitate preparation of annual program initiative’s budget and regular cash flows.
• Manage program initiative’s funds and ensures efficient utilization of funds for maximum impact
• Monitor monthly budget burn rates and make adjustments in implementation or budget re-alignments when needed in line with donor agreement..
• Create enabling environment for smooth Internal and External Audit(s), monitor and facilitate responsiveness to audit findings and recommendations.
• Ensure effective close-out of program initiative grant/contract per CARE Tanzania’s Program Initiative Close-out Checklist.
• Working closely with the Link-Up Program Quality and Learning Manager, undertake analysis of interventions results, trends analysis for sharing with the program implementing partners and stakeholders to enhance knowledge sharing through dissemination of these reports.
• Represent the project in relevant forums and share feedback on a timely basis with the project and sector teams.
• Ensure timely preparation and submission of project progress reports to CARE and Access Africa Technical Unit Director for EDWE.
• Participate in Project assessment and evaluation and provide support on all technical evaluation i.e. review of tools, processes and reports.
• Ensure compliance to ethical considerations in all project activities, assessments / project evaluation
• Any other duties assigned
• Bachelor Degree in Finance/Commerce/Economics or equivalent from an accredited university;
• Extensive program knowledge with training in Project Management and other relevant skills
• Masters in Business Administration (MBA) major in Finance/Commerce or Economics is an asset;
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in a senior level of implementing a program;
• Experience working at senior level in international NGO is desired;
• Knowledge on finance, community development, project planning and management, administration
• Project finance management experience (administering program budgets, proficiency in project finance reporting
• Grants management experience, including the awarding, administration and monitoring of small and medium-sized grants to local partners;
• An approach to mirror our core values: commitment, accountability, respect, effectiveness and diversity;
• Ability to work and communicate with a range of stakeholders including policymakers and government officials, NGOs, the media, community representatives;
• Able to provide technical assistance in the area of gender and women’s empowerment to ensure that programmatic strategies are addressing unequal power relations;
• Strong ability to engage with communities and capability;
How to Apply:
Apply through email@example.com to Country Director by 17 December 2013 with a motivation letter and a detailed Resume with 3 referees;