Job Title: Program Accountant (One Post)
Employer: Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 22nd December 2013
- Process payments and invoices accurately and timely as per guiding procedures.
- Ensure accuracy of subsidiary books of accounts;
- Ensure prompt posting of transactions and balancing of books of
- Prepare required vouchers for payroll financial accounting, including salaries obligations, actual costs and salary disbursements to project staff;
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by ensuring that budgets, descriptions and codes are up to date and that the accounts are reconciled and cleared appropriately;
- Prepare project finance statements and schedules for audit purposes in accordance with the international Accounting Standards and international financial Reporting standards. Maintain the actual financial records in compliance with the accounting standards and principles.
- Perform accounting reconciliations and ensure all ledgers are closed as per fund policy and principles laid out.
- Undertake accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closing.
- Submit necessary reports to the Financial and Grants Manager Perform any other duties as assigned to facilitate the implementation of the project.
Qualification and experience needed
- S/he should have an accounting degree or advanced diploma in accounting from an accredited university or college/Institute.
- S/he should have at least more than three years experience working in the accounting department in reputable organization or firm.
- S/he should have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- S/he should be able to process large volumes of transactions and prepare good project financial reports.
- Perform any other activity assigned to him/her by the Executive Director or his immediate supervisor.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and be held accountable; Organizer, collegial, honest, creative, self-motivated, highly disciplined and able to work for longer hours;
- Good computer skills; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
LEAT will offer competitive salary package plus the opportunity to apply your energy and skills to archive the organizational goals.
If you think that you meet the described requirements please write to us and send an application letter explaining in detail how you qualify, enclosing a detailed CV, academic transcript and certificates, recommendation from reputable referees and contact telephone numbers before 22ndDecember 2013.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you won't be contacted by 30th December, 2013. Consider your application unsuccessful
All applications should be addressed to':
The Executive Director
Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)