Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Employer: Walter Reed Southern Highlands AIDS Program
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: December 27th, 2013
Locally known as the Walter Reed Southern Highlands AIDS Program, the Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International (HJFMRI) is an international non-governmental organization working in several countries conducting research studies and providing care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager and within delegated authority, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the following duties:
- Provides procurement and administrative support to the Procurement and Logistics department in the acquisition of goods and services
- Reviews, records and prioritizes procurement requisitions and obtains additional information/ documentation as required; determines the availability of vendors.
- Assists internal clients in the proper drafting of Technical Specifications, Terms of Reference and establishment of Technical and/or Commercial evaluation criteria.
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the materials needed.
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Process the appropriate document and forms for issuing the petty cash from the cashier/petty cash custodian;
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Handing over purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Completion of Secondary education required. A diploma in Procurement, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Management, or a relevant field is a distinct advantage
- 2 to 4 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), email and able to easily navigate the Internet
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili is required.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to the Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Deadline for submission of the application is Friday December 27th, 2013. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.