Job Title: Principal
Application Deadline: 24th December 2013
- At least a Master's degree in management or other related fields.
- Extensive leadership experience in an academic environment. Staff management and supervision skills; Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, at least English and Kiswahili; and knowledge of computer programs e.g. ms word, excel and power-point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, direct and manage the College and lead staff, providing inspiring and motivating leadership to those engaged in teaching, training and administration.
- Ensure high quality environment exist for teaching, learning and student support; and that the College delivers high quality education and training programs.
- Make proposals to the Governing Council regarding the education, development and fund raising activities.
- Maintain the integrity of Azania College of Management by discovering, resisting, reporting, correcting, discouraging and preventing corruption associated with the college. Promote discipline, good conduct and encourage commitment of staff, i.e.lead by example.
- Ensure compliance with college policies and government legislations.
- Manage the budget and resources as approved by the Governing Council
- Ensure that there are proper, effective and internal controls in operations, financial, planning and human resources.
- Ensure that information systems are in place to effectively support management of the College.
- Ensure assets are safeguarded; financial statements are prepared at least once in a year, submitted to the Governing Council for approval.
- Ensure that the College's health and safety policy is implemented; and adopt flexible working methods to meet the changing needs of the College.
How to Apply:
General conditions for all candidates:
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidates.
Submit an application letter with a detailed cv, academic certificates, birth certificate, relevant testimonials; one passport size photograph, particulars of 3 referees, reliable telephone number and email address.
Applications may be in hard copies OR in scanned documents, send or email to:
The Chairperson of Governing Council,
DAR ES SALAAM
Or to the Email Link above
Indicate the post applied on top of the envelope OR in an email subject.
Closing date: Tuesday, 24th December, 2013.