Job Title: Physiotherapist (Ref: 42)
Employer: Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 17th Jan 2014
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first established in 1994. It is the largest
indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to improve the quality of life of people living with
disabilities as well as their families and to enable them to achieve their legitimate potential.
• To supervise, training and assisting the CRW’S in recognizing disability aspects, referring, providing education and interventions to clients.
• To collaborate closely with the other paramedic of CCBRT, working flexible and as a team, attending team meetings, executes tasks for the team, cooperating in the different tasks according to the time schedules.
• To collaborate closely with all other associated professional and administrative staff of the Disability Hospital and Community
• Program: especially orthopedic Workshop, OPD, Doctors, CRW’S, School Coordinators and Social Work
• To organize instruction groups and group interventions for the clients.
• Ordering, measuring and providing necessary equipment for the clients
• To establish cooperation and maintain good communication with other existing rehabilitative services, Schools, Hospitals, Dispensaries, and organizing transfers and assistance with patients where necessary.
• To organize and conduct training courses for colleague, other supervisors and CRW’S patients
• To provide rehabilitation and counseling to patients
• To keep and maintain patient’s records
• To provide Primary Health Care
• Completing monitoring and evaluation of assessment and progress forms in conjunction with training and assisting the CRW’S
• To participate in the preparation of periodic performance report
Work Experience / Skills:
• 3 years experience ( E )
• Good communication skills ( P)
• Knowledge of computer ( E )
• Ability to work in community setting and Hospital setting ( E )
• Diploma of Physiotherapy ( E )
E – Essential, P – Preferred
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunities employer, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply Please submit a letter of Application or
curriculum vitae with two references and maximum one page cover letter on why you believe you are the right candidate for this position.
Please send it via email to: email@example.com or by post to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam,
Tanzania. Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543, +255 (0) 22 260 2192, Fax: +255 (0) 22 260 1544. Website: www.ccbrt.or.tz, www.baobabhospital.or.tz
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted