Employer: Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th Jan 2014
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by section 60 of Water supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. DUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Dodoma urban within the Municipality.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians male and female, to fill in excellent carrier opportunities:
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, skills and Abilities):
• Holder of FTC/Diploma in Civil/Sanitary Engineering from a recognized Technical College with one (1) years working experience in the operations and maintenance of water distribution system/network.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Finding the causes of water loss and recommending necessary rectification to ensure the amount of water loss in your zone is reduced to at most 20%.
• Making critical analysis and assessment of records/data of breakdowns, leaks and repairs and recommend the necessary measures to be undertaken to improve the system efficiency.
• Ensuring that all valves (Control valves, Washouts, Air valves, F/H etc) and other water distribution network infrastructures including value chambers are in good working condition, clean and operative all the time.
• Supervising and ensuring that zonal key men and plumbers are adhering to operating manual/memo/guidelines or instructions and ensuring that these operating instructions are available at all pumping stations and other relevant areas all the time.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Operations Engineer
Terms of Employment for the Posts: Permanent and pensionable.
Age Limit for the Applicants
Applicants preferably are between 20- 40 years of age.
The posts carry attractive remunerations package subject to work professional experience and qualifications;
How to Apply:
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV. Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before Or on 10th January 2014:
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 431,
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview; and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful candidates.
Women are strongly encourage to apply
"Tanzanian Women are highly encouraged to apply"