Job Title : Mechanical Engineer
Employer: Iris Executive Development Centre
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th December 2013
- Carry out major component changes and repairs as required.
- Carry out health checks and fault diagnosis.
- Carry out trend analysis of component failures.
- Respond to oil sample diagnosis.
- Follow and comply with company QHSE standards and ensures that all personnel working with him / her adhere to the policies. Carries onsite HSE audits. Able to report an accident in prescribed format.
- Proactively initiates and takes part in site improvement plans.
- Assist in the development of new employees including the provision of site induction.
- If certified to AAP2, carries out HV switching as required.
- Ensure the installation of sites and demobilisation is carried out as per AIP standard.
- Liaison with the Supervisor for effective and efficient operation of mechanical equipment and may act on behalf of Supervisor during periods of absence.
- Maximise cost efficiencies and ensure availability of mechanical consumables on site with optimum inventory level.
- Maintains a daily site diary.
Qualifications and skills
- A diploma in mechanical engineering/Trade or equivalent
- Four years experience working on diesel engines
- Good understanding of workshop safety standards and rules
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Ability to troubleshoot
How to Apply:
Please for those who are qualified with the position send in your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org only and not otherwise.