Job Title: Manager Security
Employer: Aga khan Health Services
Application Deadline: 31st December 2013
Aga khan health services,
Tanzania an agency of the Aga khan
development network and is committed to providing quality health care to its
patients and promoting medical education
The Aga khan hospital based in
is seeking enthusiastic and qualified practitioner for the following position:
- To oversee and manage Security related matters of the Institution and medical centers.
- Act as a professional point of contact, knowledge and advice on security related matters for the institution.
- Develop and execute issues of site security strategies, and demonstrate leadership and direction to all by ensuring meeting consistent project contracts and deadlines.
- Manage a program of security inspections of work areas, processes and buildings
- Manage a program of CCTV and security system implementation and monitoring facilities in line with Institutional requirements.
- Ensure that a process is in place to investigate and report on accidents and incidents. Oversee the consolidation of security, including documentation, reporting, and follow-up to closure.
- Review the effectiveness of security training and personnel competence.
- Oversee Risk Assessments relevant to security hazards
- As a representative of the Institution, liaise with external security agencies and authorities where necessary
- Promote a culture of proactive security management.
- Ensure the Implementation of a standard security program across the institution to manage and control the activities of third party contractors to ensure they operate within the confines of security parameters.
Qualification Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of five years' experience managing / leading security function of a large organization with multiple sites
- Hands on experience on the implementation, management and maintenance of CCTV and security systems.
- An understanding on the required interaction of emergency alarm systems, i.e. fire alarm with security/burglar alarms and systems
- Excellent command over verbal and written English and be able to write reports and policies.
- A professional understanding and knowledge of security legislation.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing and problem solving skills.
- Have worked in a team environment and have a good understanding of team dynamics.
- Proficient and experienced in incident investigation methods and reporting.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for any of the above position should submit applications, including CV and other relevant documents. Position should be marked on the sealed envelope. Hand delivery:
Human Resources Department,
Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam.