Job Title: Manager Fuel & Lubricants Contracts - One Post
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 2nd January 2013
- Establish monthly/quarterly/annual fuel and lubricants requirements for sustainability of both grid connected and off-grid thermal power generation plants. Coordinate and control the ordering and receipt of fuel to ensure optimum levels of inventory are maintained while meeting the generation fuel and lubricant requirements.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor quality and quantity of fuel supplied to plants as per contracts.
- Ensure suppliers' claims are correct as per terms and conditions of contract in place and are submitted to Finance Department 01) a timely basis.
- Follow up and ensure effective use of fuel and lubricants by adhering to company set specific fuel and lubricants consumption.
- Prepare accurate monthly/quarterly/annual fuel and lubricants budgets and reports and timely submission for management decisions and/or actions.
- Schedule and conduct regular Quality of Service Meetings with the Suppliers
- Ensure that Power Plants are equipped with sound fuel and lubricant handling and quality checks/ control facilities.
- Initiate procurement process of required fuels and lubricants, ensuring that the whole process involving responding to bidder's clarifications, evaluation, contract negotiations of lubricants and fuel (natural gas, gas oil, industrial oil, heavy fuel oil, etc.) contracts is timely and efficiently performed.
- Prepare monthly & annual Natural Gas nominations to gas suppliers.
- Maintain an environment of trust, care and respect built on listening to employees and recognizing their abilities and achievements.
- Demonstrate team leadership and promote a people-oriented leadership culture where employees are valued as individual persons as well as for their professional contributions. Practices and encourages the use of "fair, consistent and explainable" approach to all Human Resource Management issues.
Professional And Interpersonal Details Minimum Requirements:
Education: BSc. Degree in Engineering/Finance/Economics/Materials Management or Procurement. Masters Degree would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience in similar-assignments;
- Must be conversant with Procurement Standards and Management of Contracts
- At least 3 years Experience in the Field of Fuel and Lubricants in a reputable Government or private Sector.
- Registered with respective Government Authority or legally recognized professional body according to the governing laws of his or her Profession.
- Ability to debate and articulate issues of Fuels and Lubricants.
- Must be Computer literate.
An attractive compensation package base on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidates. All positions terms of employment are performance based fixed contract.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae with three referees should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position.
If you do not hear from us, consider your application unsuccessful
Phone call soliciting by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than fourteen (14) days after the initial advertisement.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
0 BOX 9024