Job Title: Legal Officer I - One Post
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 12 December 2013
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
Holder of the position is responsible for all assigned duties in the legal area of specialization. The outputs in this position are expected in the quality, efficient and effective service delivery of legal services to IAA as per the laws of the land with big and value adding results with integrity and honesty.
Position relationships: Reports to the Rector NIL
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To assist in pursuing insurance covers for employees, equipment and premises is current;
- To compile evidences relevant for court cases involving the Institute;
- To assist in dealing with legal routine correspondences addressed to the Institute;
- To assist in administering compliance to the terms of agreements and contracts;
- To compile a list of amended legislations, regulations and rules;
- To maintain an updated database of court decisions;
- To assist in drafting legal documents for Institute.
The holder of this position must have the following:
- Holder of Degree in Law (LLB) from any recognized
- University/Institution who has passed a recognized practical legal training at the school of law or any internship program recognized by the Attorney General with three years of working experience in related field. Must have a maximum age of 40 years.
All the posts carry attractive packages commensurate to qualifications and respective merits pursuant to the Institute' schemes of policies and related public service circular’s.
How to Apply:
A hand-written application letter attached with an updated curriculum vitae showing current working position, address, at least two referees and day telephone contact numbers; copies of relevant certified academic Qualifications and trade certificates and other ,relevant testimonials. Your application letter should reach to the undersigned 14 days from the first appearance of this advertisement. Only shortlisted applicants will be informed through the Institute’s website.
an equal opportunity employer. Interested potential female candidates are
highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to disqualification from
consideration into further processing steps. Institute
of Accountancy Arusha
All applications should be directed to: