Job Title: Kindergarten Educator
Employer: SOS Children's Villages
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th December 2013
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an indigenous non government organisation affiliated to SOS Children's Villages International, a worldwide child care organisation that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans arid prepares daily structured programme using a monthly schemes of work as a planning and teaching method.
- Promotes a warm, supportive, and non-threatening ethos in which the child finds learning enjoyable and stimulating and in which respect and cooperation are emphasized.
- Closely observe each child to monitor individual progress.
- Evaluates each child's strengths and weakness, and plans play sessions accordingly. Meeting with parents to discuss student progress as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate of education in teaching & early child development with experience of at least three years (3) teaching at nursery level.
- Fluent in English and Swahili with good writing skills Basic knowledge on Child rights and child protection Computer basic skills
- Age 25 - 40 years
How to Apply:
To apply for any of the position, send your cover letter by email or postal address including the individual suitability for the post, CV providing evidence of qualifications and experience, including previous work, three professional or academic references (including phone number and email). All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.