Job Title: Applications Architect and Developer- 3 Posts
Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 2nd January 2013
- Understand latest application architecture, technology, solutions, and industry trends.
- Meet with the Principal ICT Systems Developer and other Application Architects & Developers ' to identify and scope the applicative opportunities and identify risks and constraints.
- Decompose the opportunities into constituent application solutions.
- Document application version and create application architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps.
- Develops applications, implement, provides support (including go-Live) and maintenance of existing business systems, re-engineering of existing business applications, user documentation on new and existing applications and end user training and support on new and existing applications.
- Manage structural systems analysis and Design; build test cases to assist in system to system tests and performance benchmarks for all production releases.
- Harvest intellectual property from solutions that can be developed into best practices or for reuse.
- Map TANESCO's Business Units terminology with Business Applications in terms of people, process, and application development technology.
- Ensure that solutions leveraging third-party technology complement TANESCO's strategy and develop breadth skills across application technology areas relevant to TANESCO business areas' services.
Professional And Interpersonal Details Minimum Requirements:
Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized Institution
Experience: At least 2 (two) years in this field
- Proven Experience in Web-based development environments (evidence of accomplishment will be evaluated)
- Experience in Object Oriented Application development is required
- Experience in XML based interface (API) development is an added advantage
- Experience in mobile applications development is an added advantage
An attractive compensation package basing on performance and commensurate with responsibilities will apply to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae with three referees should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position.
If you do not hear from us, consider your application unsuccessful
Phone call soliciting by applicants will automatically lead to disqualifications.
All applications should be submitted to the address below not later than fourteen (14) days after the initial advertisement.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
0 BOX 9024