Job Title: Violence Against Children (VAC) Project Manager (One Post Dsm)
Employer: Plan International
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st December 2013
- Responsible for overall planning (quarterly and annual), implementation and management of the project including supporting and managing the partnerships under the project.
- Responsible for leading of the technical design of project interventions and development of technical guidance and tools for field staff to ensure harmonised and quality implementation of project activities
- Ensuring that all project documentation is filed and organised for accountability purposes
- Ensuring that project learning’s and achievements are documented and disseminated widely
- Organising regular project performance review meetings to assess progress but also to agree on and communicate any changes in strategy with the key project stakeholders
- Ensure adequate stakeholder consultation and participation at all stages of the project implementation Providing guidance and oversight to implementing partners in order to ensure high quality delivery of programming.
- Ensuring delivery of technical, administrative and financial support to the PUs and implementing partners as required Oversee program budget, including coordination and utilization of program funds, to be in line with both donor and Plan budgeting requirements leading, managing and supervising the VAC project staff (jointly with PUMs) to ensure program objectives are achieved
- Ensuring staff and partners are following both Plan's and the EC's administrative and operational procedures and policies during the implementation of this program
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years' experience of leading, managing and implementing child protection projects with strong technical expertise in child protection programming and human rights
- At least a Masters level in a subject relevant to the delivery of a quality Child Protection programs within typical development settings
- Professional experience interacting with donors, government agencies and other relevant stakeholders.
is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of
paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will
undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to
any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and
adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan
salary structure and incentive package.
How to Apply:
is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are
invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae,
certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications
together with names of three referees, and their contact. Please note that Plan
Tanzania has no recruitment agent, therefore all applications should be sent to
undersigned or to the Email Link above not later than 31 st December, 2013.
Country Human Resources Manager