Job Title: Director Finance and Planning (Job Reference MNH/DFP/12/13)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 24th December 2013
- Facilitate other Directorates In the hospital to articulate the CSP aspirations of MNH and to internalize the strategic planning culture; Prepare annual Institutional budget for MNH and evaluate weekly & monthly updates and oversee effective management of finances payroll in line with the MNH financial regulations;
- Evolve financial and accounting policies and procedures in consultation with the Hospital Management and the Board of Trustees; Prepare quarterly progress reports on implementation of the MNH Corporate Strategic Plan and facilitate conducting of internal and external audit of MNH books of accounts;
- Prepare financial reports, tax returns and interim reports required by Management for appropriate decision making; Ensure timely and accurate Implementation of computerized system in all MNH financial areas; and
- Review financial budgets and cash flow projections,
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Accountancy or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution with Certified Public Accountant Professional Certificate (CPA) and registered with NBAA;
- An additional Masters degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of practical work experience in a reputable organization five (5) of which as Head of Finance Department;
- Good working knowledge of computerized financial systems is essential and Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili; and Must be mature, well trained, and capable of providing expert strategic leadership as a Director.
Skills and competencies
- Personal skills in finance and related discipline, excellent report writing skills;
- Current membership to accounting, auditing and finance professional's bodies is a must;
- Able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of principles of new public Management and familiar with health reforms; Good leadership skills and qualities;
- Able to communicate with proven interpersonal skills; Impeccable personal qualities of transparency and Integrity; and
- Veracity in the critical management skills of transformation leadership, action planning, performance and total quality management, team building, decision making, problem solving and change management.
Remuneration for all positions shall be offered commensurate with the MNH Scheme of Service.
How to Apply:
Send your application, detailed curriculum vitae, Photocopies of academic certificates and names and contact details of three referees to the address below quoting the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than Thursday 24th December 2013. Applications for this position are open to only qualified local applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Street & Garden Avenue.
E-mail Link above
Fax +255(22) 2116379