Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (One Post)
Employer: Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 22nd December 2013
- Work with the Executive Director to report on the project progress;
- To ensure that the organization has a monitoring and evaluation plan and implements it to the letter;
- To work with heads of departments in monitoring and evaluating projects under their departments;
- Coordinate all M& E activities to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are planned, implemented, and reported in efficient, effective, and timely manner;
- To coordinate activities and participate appropriately in the collection and analysis of all project data and other project information for monitoring and evaluation purposes;
- To assist in developing project framework and strategy e.g. project reports, annual project reports.
- Undertake regular visits to the field and communicate with the field officers to support field implementations of M&E activities. Ensuring that the organization's projects are timely and properly monitored to ensure that they deliver required results;
- To identify and provide necessary technical support required for monitoring and evaluation at all levels of projects implementation; To prepare all M&E reports ensuring smooth and timely Implementation of projects and putting in place robust tracking control measures, and
- Any other M&E duties as may be directed by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors.
Qualification and experience needed
- S/he should have a degree in management, statistics, social sciences, law, and a or an advanced diploma on monitoring and evaluation from an accredited university.
- S/he should have not less than two years experience on projects'
- S/he should have two years experience working for reputable organization.
- S/he should have good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- S/he should have adequate computer knowledge.
- S/he should have excellent writing and speaking skills in both Kiswahili and English languages
- Willingness to accept responsibility and be held accountable. Organizer, collegial, honest, creative, self-motivated, highly disciplined and able to work for longer hours.
- Able to travel at short notice and in remote areas;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
LEAT will offer competitive salary package plus the opportunity to apply your energy and skills to archive the organizational goals.
If you think that you meet the described requirements please write to us and send an application letter explaining in detail how you qualify, enclosing a detailed CV, academic transcript and certificates, recommendation from reputable referees and contact telephone numbers before 22ndDecember 2013. All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you won't be contacted by 30th December, 2013. Consider your application unsuccessful
All applications should be addressed to':
The Executive Director
Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
No phone calls