Job Title: Orphan Care Program Officer
Employer: Islamic Help
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 15th January 2014
Purpose of the Post
To monitor the orphans, secure orphan information, ensuring orphan payment and providing Donor Feedback reporting service for orphan children in
Moreover, to conduct assessments and surveys for the orphan children in Tanzania and to
design need based innovative projects based on primary data.
To ensure that effective methods are put into place so that the orphan care program operations run smoothly and to its maximum productivity.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for directing orphan care project development from start to end
• Responsible for establishing a reliable and consistent set of outcome indicators for all activities in the orpghan care department
• Supervise, Manage and monitor the IHtz Orphanages and all field staff of Orphan Care Program of IH Tanzania
• Manage need assessment of highly deserving and under-privileged orphans families for sponsorship
• Assist the Head of Operations, Concern bodies in the preparation of different reports including annual reports.
• Continuous assessment of Orphan education, and socio-economic status
• To constantly monitor and ensure transparency in the most sensitive department of orphan care of Islamic Help Tanzania.
• To develop concept notes and design new projects in close coordination with Head of Operations
• To build capacity building plans for staff reporting to this position
• To manage, supervise and support the staff reporting to this position using performance monitoring and appraisal tools
• Regularly review and improve Islamic Help Tanzania program system
• Develop full scale project plans and associated communications documents
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentations and presentations
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
Basic areas of knowledge and skills
• Leadership, strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Ability to produce concise and clear reports.
• Social investigation and organizing skills
• Flexible and adaptable. Willing to travel to remote field areas with basic living conditions
• Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
• Capacity building and training and staff motivational skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skill
• The employee will not involve in any political activity of the area or activates which can create tension/ friction between employees and or community members or can earn bad name for the organization
• Gender sensitizes and able to work in the area according to local norms and cultures
• Knowledge of development issues & concepts
Knowledge and skills requirement
Demonstrate Substantive knowledge in economic and community development, planning, workforce development and public policy/administration
Demonstrate knowledge of computer and relevant software applications with a good command in English.
An advanced degree in related field strongly preferred with a minimum of 2yerars experience
How to Apply:
We are an equal opportunities employer, currently recruiting for our
Dar Es Salaam
offices. Applications can be made by emailing a Cover Letter by sending the
required documents to: Islamic Help Tanzania, Plot Number 401 Kambarage Street,
P.O.Box 38005 Mikocheni A, . Dar Es