Job Title: Senior Public Relations Officer II - One Post
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 12 December 2013
Scope of the position and its expected outputs:
Holder of the position is responsible for all assigned duties in the public relations area of specialization. The outputs in this position are expected in the quality, efficient and effective marketing and publicising the Institute as per 1M strategies, policies and administrative directives with big and value adding results with integrity and honest.
Position relationships:Reports to the Rector
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- To prepare scripts for the Institute's advertisements;
- To examine the correctness of issues to be advertised and ensure effective coverage;
- To receive visitors and Board members and arrange for their reservations;
- To organize official functions and tours for the Institute's visitors;
- To coordinate the Institute's graduation ceremonies and other major events;
- To participate in planning, development and implementation of Public Relations (PR) strategies of the Institute;
- To prepare and supervise the production of the Institute Prospectus, publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- To recommend events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours to foster community relations.
Holder of bachelors and Masters degrees in Journalism, Business
The holder of this position must have the following:
- Administration, Marketing, Mass communication, Public Relations or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution with five years working experience in related field. Must have a maximum age of 40 years.
All the posts carry attractive packages commensurate to qualifications and respective merits pursuant to the Institute' schemes of policies and related public service circular’s.
How to Apply
A hand-written application letter attached with an updated curriculum vitae showing current working position, address, at least two referees and day telephone contact numbers; copies of relevant certified academic Qualifications and trade certificates and other ,relevant testimonials. Your application letter should reach to the undersigned 14 days from the first appearance of this advertisement. Only shortlisted applicants will be informed through the Institute’s website.
an equal opportunity employer. Interested potential female candidates are
highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to disqualification from
consideration into further processing steps. Institute
of Accountancy Arusha
All applications should be directed to: