Job Title: Compound
Employer: BBC Media Action
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th December, 2013
Contract duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
To be responsible for daily cleaning of the Office Compound and Garden for BBC Media Action in
• To ensure the cleanliness of all areas of the Office outside surroundings
• Maintain the stock of generator fuel and checks the daily usage of fuel
• To switch on and off the generator as per electricity demands/requirements.
• Maintaining the
and all office compound office Garden
• Ensure that flowers are watered every morning and evening
• Any other tasks as required by the line manager
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
• Certificate of Secondary Education
• Effective communication in English and Swahili.
• Ability to interact with people of different nationalities
• Time management and consciousness
• Ability to be flexible and learn quickly
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Minimum of one year working experience in office cleaning duties
• Resilience – Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
• Communication – The ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Managing relationships – Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
How to Apply:
Candidates should send their CV and a covering letter (PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role in English to email@example.com, with the name of the position applied for in the subject line by end of Friday 20 December, 2013.
Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Applicants with no separate covering letter will not be considered. Please only apply if you meet the basic criteria under the person specification.
This is a local post applicable to people who have the legal right to live and work in
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application deadline: Friday 20 December 2013