Job Title: Internal Auditor
Employer: SKOL Building Contractors Company Limited
Application Deadline: 30th December 2013
-Bachelor degree in Accountancy from recognized university/institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a similar position.
- Computer literacy(TALLY is recommended)
-Good writing report and presentation skills.
- An eye for details and critical analytical skills.
- Interpersonal communication.(verbal and written skills).
- Investigation skills.
- Budgeting skills. (Activity Based Budget –ABB).
- Strategic planning skills.
- Time management
- Participates in the preparation of company budget (Activity Based Budget-ABB).
- Supervises the implementation of the approved audit reports and its recommendations.
- Verifies all accounting statements produced for management team to determine their accuracy and reliability.
- Checks regularly the system of internal control and sees its effectiveness and whether it is still the best system available.
-Carries out special investigations where necessary and recommends solutions.
- Keeps C.E.O and the management team informed on all matters relating to financial system control, discrepancies like fraud and misappropriation.
- Ensures that the accounting systems, policies and procedures are adequately and effectively adhered to for the safe keeping of the company’s resources.
- Collaborates and works closely with external auditors in ensuring that company’s operations run smoothly.
- Reviews and updates internal control system for the entire company.
- Ensures that the company’s financial rules and regulations are adhered to avoid forgery / fraud and misappropriation of resources.
- Prepares annual audit plan.
- Audits monthly bank reconciliation, cash book receipts, accounts payable payroll, general ledger, cash flow reports.
- Verifies monthly, quarterly balance sheets, journal voucher entries before posting to relevant ledgers.
- Participates in setting out Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all staff directorates and managerial staff.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters with their attached CV, copies of warrant certificates to;
The Chief Executive Officer(C.E.O),
Skol building contractors co.ltd,