Job Title: In-Country Communications Specialist
Employer: Compassion International
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 14th December 2013
Compassion International Tanzania is an Evangelical Christian Holistic Child Development Ministry dedicated to the needy children of
Compassion's sponsorship programs help to release children from spiritual,
economic, social and physical poverty, with a view of enabling them to become
responsible and fulfilled Christian adults.
Core Duties and Responsibilities ,
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion and faithfully upholds Compassion's ministry in prayer.
- Working within one's influence, serves as an advocate for children around the world who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves. This includes being informed about the issues of children and influencing others to care about children who are in need.
- Develops and maintains a communications strategy to recruit and cultivate new Church Partners, support the development of existing Church Partners, and keep Church Partners informed and inspired in their ministry to children. Supports the development of materials and events to accomplish this strategy,
- Where applicable, creates and delivers communication materials to support field office public relations efforts. Fosters collaborative relationships with Program Communications by sharing stories and resources to create materials to service field office needs. Provides website, video, radio, and other media content as per national strategy.
- Coordinates, Monitors and ensures proper usage of global branding guidelines in all communications within the field office domain and with Church Partners, including educational and advocacy materials. Reflects the mission, core values, and foundational principles of Compassion in all communications.
- Collaborates with the Training & Support Te~m (and Sponsor & Donor Services Team where applicable) to ensure properly branded Training Materials, Curriculum, and Child Letter Stationery. b.Coliaborates with the HR Office to develop motivational communication strategies within the field office, including informing staff on topics relevant to their work in a holistic church and child development ministry.
- Represents and communicates Compassion's message accurately and ensures the Field Office presents a consistent voice in all external communications. Where necessary,. networks to promote good relationships with church associations, government, media and other entities' involved in child development and/or advocacy.
- a-Serves as the first point of contact for in-country media relations requesting interviews or any other information regarding Compassion's work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- 1Mature Christian person, with evangelical Christian values; a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and above reproach in integrity and honesty.
- At least University degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Three years experience in public relations, marketing, communications or related field. NGO experience preferred.
- Expertise in public speaking and networking, as well as with print communications.
- Experience in coordinating service providers, including graphic designers, video & audio, editors, and printers.
- Ability to gather, contextualize and promote relevant material in a professional and attractive
- Customer Service approach in working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (both in English and Kiswahili).
- Knowledge of personal computers using Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe products (In-Design, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat) is preferred.
- Working Conditions
- The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this job. It may be necessary for a person to perform other tasks as needed.
- Limited travel is required.
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications, including application letter, a referral letter from his/her pastor, a detailed up to date CV,2 current passport size photographs, and copies of all academic and professional credentials to:
Note: After applying only the short listed shall be contacted and if you do not hear from us by 20th December 2013 consider yourself unsuccessful.