Employer: Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th Jan 2013
The Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI) was established by the
Act of Parliament No.2 of 1996.The Institute: is a semi-autonomous organization which operates at "arm's length," under the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare. The Institute has various roles which all stem on the main role of controlling Cancer in Tanzania.
Direct Entry Qualifications:
• Holder of Diploma in Health Records or any other relevant certificate of record management from recognized institution.
• Must have at least three years work experience in the field.
• Receiving and register patients and direct them on the required destination;
• Giving appointments to patients.
• Issuing files and identification cards to patients.
• Updating information on admissions, discharges and deaths.
• Keep and maintaining patient records in proper manner; Assisting in designing and maintaining a system for numbering, filing, storage and retrieval of patients' files and other documents.
• Assisting in periodic squeezing of files into shelves.
• Collecting and preparing daily and monthly statistical returns.
• Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior
a) All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
b) Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone numbers and three referees.
c) Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
d) Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates, professional certificates from respective Boards.
e) Applicants must attach computer certificates and birth certificate;
f) Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted;
g) Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania(NECTA)
h) Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action;
i) Deadline of receiving applications: two weeks from 1 st appearance of this advertisement;
j) Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
How to Apply:
All applicants must address their application letter to the address below.-
The Executive Director,
Ocean Road Cancer Institute,
P.O. BOX 3592,
Dar es Salaam.