Job Title: General Manager Commerce
Employer: Akiba Commercial Bank
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st December 2013
- Over all oversight on all lending activities of the bank.
- Managing and providing leadership to staff in the delivery of services in an effective and proactive manner.
- Direct supervision of loan products managers as well as mentoring and on job training of direct reports and other managers as may be required. Setting and ensuring portfolio targets for the bank and ensuring they are achieved.
- Ensure that all lending policies, regulations and procedures are adhered to by staff and clients.
- Responding to escalated customer inquiries on different issues and procedures related to the bank's products and services.
- Management of Information Systems for all loan related products. Ensure that all regulatory reports as well as internal commerce reports are generated accurately and on time.
- Guide the daily/monthly/annual performance of the Commerce Department.
- Preparation of Policy Documents and Procedure Manuals as well as revisions I updates to present to the Board for approvals.
- Work with branch managers in loan portfolio growth planning and budget preparation.
- Prepare of monthly management and regulatory reports. Prepare and present performance reports to the Board.
- Conduct regular field visits and portfolio performance review meetings and ensure that lending staff are trained for delivering quality loans. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time
Qualification and Experience
- A Masters Degree in Business, Finance, Banking or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar senior management position in a bank or a regulated financial institution.
- Experience working in Microfinance commercial environment Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACID) is an added advantage
- Key Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent Presentation and Communications Skills (both spoken and written)
- Proven and demonstrated leadership and general management skills
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and experience with Loans MIS
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Self driven and results oriented.
- Good understanding of Risk Management concepts
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to the Managing Director, Akiba Commercial Bank, with a detailed CV, stating your current position, email and telephone contacts not later than 31st December 2013-