Job Title: Economist II (One post)
Employer: State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 27th Dec 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carries out marketing studies for mineral commodities;
• Conducts regular literature and internet surveys of mineral prices to establish prevailing local and international markets indicator mineral prices;
• Develops individual objectives/targ.ets and performance standards as part of individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate supervisor; and
• Performs any other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of B.5c in Mineral Economics or related fields from a reputable University.
• Ability to communicate with excellent writing skills; Ability to supervise and direct professionals;
• Strong working knowledge of computer programs: Microsoft word, Excel, Publisher and database programs.
Age Limit: All applicants must be below 30 years old at the date of application.
Please note that those who applied on the basis of the previous advertisement may re-apply.
According to STAMICO schemes of service in the salary scale of STAMICO - Salary Scale SMC 5.
How to Apply:
(1) Preference will be given to those with experience in the mining industry;
(2) Candidates should submit a hand written application accompanied by the following: (i) Detailed C.V with three referees who can be contacted;
(ii) Copies of relevant certificates to support qualifications;
(iii) Two recent passport size photographs; and
(iv) Reliable working telephone and e-mail address.
All applications should be addressed to the following physical address:
STATE MINING CORPORATION
Plot No. 417/418 - United Nations Road,