Job Title: Driver,
Employer: BBC Media Action
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th December, 2013
Contract duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Salary: Highly competitive within Tanzanian NGO market rates
To provide effective transport facilitation for BBC Media Action country office staff in order to attain the objectives of organisation.
In order to successfully fulfil this role, the driver must be able to effectively communicate the BBC Media action purpose and demonstrate quality of commitment and integrity that serves as an example to others.
• To drive BBC Media Action vehicles in safe courteous manner at all time as assigned by the BBC Media Action Standard procedures.
• To observe BBC health and safety standards.
• Responsible for the proper use and security of BBC Media Action vehicles and equipment assigned.
• To ensure that the vehicle is clean at all times.
• Compliance with working hours as instructed. Driver must work in accordance with the operational requirements of BBC Media Action in
• Perform daily vehicle inspections for the vehicle.
• Check vehicle for safety (tyres, puncture, engine oil, water dashboard lights and battery component) before use each day and see it that Insurance and Registration are done on time.
• Responsible for all vehicles equipment (jack, spare-wheel, first aid box, fire extinguisher, triangle reflector, tools and spanners, Radio and Cassettes compacts and supported by vehicle inventory card/sheet inside the vehicle.
• Refuelling the vehicle on time.
Academic qualifications, Knowledge and technical skills:
• Minimum of secondary school education is preferred.
• Must have a clean and valid driving license of classes B, C and E; and certificate of good conduct.
• Should have a minimum of two years of experience in driving.
• Basic computer skills, especially in word processing and spread sheet will be an added advantage.
• Good interpersonal, communication (English and Kiswahili written and spoken) a must.
• Road safety certification will be an added advantage.
• NIT certificate is a must.
• Able to work in a team
• Ability to work extra hours
• High Degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity that is able to work in a team and make a meaningful contribution to the team objective
• Must be flexible and able to adopt to abrupt changes at short notices
• Must clearly demonstrate ability and willingness to articulate BBC Media work ethics and values while at work and out of work, as a living testimony of the organization commitment to sustainable community
• Good communication and sound report-writing skills will be an added advantage
• Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions and able to work with minimum supervision
• Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the immediate supervisor.
How to Apply:
Candidates should send their CV and a covering letter (PDF or Microsoft Word format) which outlines their experience and suitability for the role in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the position applied for in the subject line by end of Friday 20 December, 2013.
Please do not send certificates or other attachments. Applicants with no separate covering letter will not be considered. Please only apply if you meet the basic criteria under the person specification.
This is a local post applicable to people who have the legal right to live and work in
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Application deadline: Friday 20 December 2013