Job Title: Driver – One Post
Employer: Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th Jan 2014
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) was established under section 3(1) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by section 60 of Water supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. DUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Dodoma urban within the Municipality.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians male and female, to fill in excellent carrier opportunities:
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
• Holder of Form IV secondary school education certificate, with Class "CO Driving License. Must have attended and passed Advanced Drivers Course Grade II from the National Institute of Transport, Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA) or other recognized institution plus driving experience in a reputable institution for at least four years with clean record.
• Drives safely the Authority's vehicles to approved destinations in accordance with the traffic regulations
• Maintains the vehicle in clean and in good condition at all times and observes vehicle maintenance procedures by checking tires, lights, brakes, horn, fuel, water, break fluid, battery water, tool kit etc.
• Monitors mileage and the condition of the vehicle before and after each trip carries out minor maintenance work for the vehicle and brings to the attention of supervisor any defects and requests for repairs and maintenance
• Maintains a log book, completes promptly all the relevant details and presents log book for inspection as directed by supervisor
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Terms of Employment for the Posts: Permanent and pensionable.
Age Limit for the Applicants
Applicants preferably are between 20- 40 years of age.
The posts carry attractive remunerations package subject to work professional experience and qualifications;
How to Apply:
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV. Photocopies of relevant certificates; names and addresses of three referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before Or on 10th January 2014:
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 431,
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview; and those who will not hear from us should consider themselves unsuccessful candidates.
Women are strongly encourage to apply
"Tanzanian Women are highly encouraged to apply"