Job Title: Director of Internal Audit
Employer: Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 10th January 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To formulate, present for the Board's approval and implement internal audit policies which are in line with the Authority's regulatory function.
- To coordinate risk assessment on EWURA operations, advising the Authority on possible risk factors and designing appropriate control/mitigating measures;
- To advise the Authority on possible risk factors and design appropriate control/mitigating measures;
- To prepare and implement an-internal audit plan that provides quality assurance;
- -10 review and advise on compliance of existing laws on operations of the
- To validate whether results of operations are consistent with established and approved budget by performing operational reviews and appraising the economy, efficiency and effectiveness with which resources are employed;
- To carry out examination of financial accounting and supporting documents to ensure compliance with the existing financial regulations;
- To evaluate the effectiveness of existing system of internal control and recommend appropriate improvement;
- To identify and recommend relevant policies that ensures the Authority's assets are properly accounted and safeguard from loss;
- To prepare and submit periodic internal audit reports;
- To conduct and supervise investigation of special assignments;
- To effectively administer all resources allocated to the Directorate, including offering technical and operational support to staff members in the Division; and
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Director General and/or Board of Directors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/ Advanced Diploma majoring in Accounting or finance from a recognized higher learning institution;
- Masters degree majoring in Accounting or Finance;
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA and must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of either Associate Certified Public Accountants (ACPAs) or Associate Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice (ACPA-PPs) or Fellow Certified Public Accountants (FCPAs);
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software;
- A strong background of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and good knowledge of Public Sector Accounting and Reporting Principles; and
- Not less than nine (9) years work experience in relevant fields out of which four (4) years should be in senior audit position.
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
How to Apply:
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and names and contacts of two referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 10th January, 2014.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)