Job Title: Consultant as International Project Manager Country Study on Illicit financial flows from Tanzania
Employer: Royal Norwegian Embassy
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th Dec 2013
The Government of Tanzania is looking for Consultant as International Project Manager Country Study on Illicit financial flows from Tanzania
The international project manager will report directly to the project steering committee in the Bank of Tanzania and will be allocated office facilities and administrative support in the premises of the Bank of Tanzania.
As the economy of Tanzania grows, including extensive extraction and utilization of natural resources as well as expanding sectors with international connections, it is becoming a challenge to ensure that the levels of capital flight ( both licit and illicit) are limited. The Government of Tanzania has decided to carry out a project to produce the first in depth study of illicit financial flows. It is expected that the project will produce a country report, database, policy and administrative recommendations and build awareness on the processes by which illicit financial flows take place, together with estimates at the national level overall and areas of the economy.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
• International experience with macroeconomic analysis and policy advice, and possibly a background in tax/trade/crime/corruption issues Management level knowledge of public accounts, econometric and statistical work
• International project administration capabilities
• Work experience in the above mentioned fields from Africa and/ or other developing regions ideally in the field of illicit flows or capital flight or tax evasion and mispricing
• The contract can either be a resident contract for up to 2 years duration (2014-2015), or a retainer contract with agreed minimum time spent in Tanzania over the period ( from January 2014) through extended stays in country and availability on line and conferencing facilities to enable the leadership of the project.
• Competitive international terms are offered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV and pay salary package expectations together with a one page introduction letter to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than 30 December 2013