Job Title: Communication Officer (One Post)
Employer: Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 22nd December 2013
- To provide overall information regarding the project and of the organization;
- Provide and convey project information to the Board of Directors, donors and other stakeholders to facilitate achievement of the project goals;
- To engage the media and disseminate the information to the public and particularly to the districts where the project is implemented. Create and establish good image of the organization.
- Prepare press releases;
- Create media outlets for the organization including maintaining the organization's website, blogs, and other posts and keeping up to date the organization's website and blogs;
- Perform any other activity assigned to him/her;
- Market the organization's and project objectives and outputs to the relevant stakeholders and members of the public;
Qualification and experience needed
- S/he should have a degree or advanced diploma degree in journalism or mass communication from an accredited university.
- S/he should have experience in preparing and producing information, communication and education (ICE) materials.
- S/he should be conversant and proficient with Information Technology (IT).
- S/he should have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- S/he should be able to prepare and make excellent presentations in both English and Kiswahili languages;
- Help organization’s staff in preparing quality documents and materials for publication release and dissemination to the public; and
- Working experiences with the media will be an added advantage.
Willingness to accept responsibility and be held accountable. Organizer, collegial, honest, creative, self-motivated, highly disciplined and able to work for longer hours;
Abreast with new ways of communication including creating and running effectively social networks; and
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply:
LEAT will offer competitive salary package plus the opportunity to apply your energy and skills to archive the organizational goals.
If you think that you meet the described requirements please write to us and send an application letter explaining in detail how you qualify, enclosing a detailed CV, academic transcript and certificates, recommendation from reputable referees and contact telephone numbers before 22ndDecember 2013.
All shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. If you won't be contacted by 30th December, 2013. Consider your application unsuccessful
All applications should be addressed to':
The Executive Director
Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
No phone calls