Job Title: Clerk Of Works - Four Posts
Employer: National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF)
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th December 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor and evaluate progress of construction works of the Fund's Projects, and supervise all civil and structural components of the projects on behalf of the employer;
- To make sure that the work by the Contractor and consultant is being carried out to the employers standards, specifications and schedule, thus ensuring correctness of the material used as well as workmanship that will guarantee quality work and value for money used; .
- To interpret relevant drawings and written instructions;
- To make visual inspections of the projects;
- To take measurements and samples on the site soas to make sure that the work and materials meet the specifications and quality standards;
- To comply with health and safety regulations and inform the employer and the concerned on the shortfalls observed;
- To keep detailed records of various aspects of work and prepare periodic reports highlighting progress and delays, number and type of works employed, weather conditions, visitors to the site, drawings received, deliveries, instructions and any Significant event;
- To convey meetings convened by project Manager;
- To check and verify levels and other surveys carried out by contractor's surveyor;
- To check the setting of the proposed buildings, external works, parking areas, drainage channels in conjunction with project Architect;
- To take samples for testing of aggregates, reinforcement. sand, concrete blocks and other materials at the direction of the project manager;
- To check reinforcement works before casting;
- To inspect concrete works during casting to ensure quality of mixes;
- To ensure that only approved materials are delivered and used on site
- Ensuring that instructions issued by the consultants are implemented accordingly;
- To ensure that construction work schedules are maintained
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in civil/structural Engineering from a recognized institution/University Registered with Engineers Registration Board as a professional Engineer
- A minimum of ten years experience in supervision of buildings/Civil Engineering works
How to Apply:
Terms of contract of service
Successful applicants for the post of Clerk of Works will be employed on two years contract. The contract may be renewed depending on work performance.
All applicants must be able to speak, read and write in both English and Kiswahili.
All applicants must have proven skills of computer applications.
Applicants should be ready to work in any of NHIF offices in the country.
All applicants must be of the age below 36 years old by
Attractive and competitive remuneration package shall be offered to the right candidates.
Handwritten applications attached with current coloured passport size photograph of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates, CV and names and addresses of two referees should reach the undersigned not later than 27th December 2013. Applications should be submitted by post or physically at NHIF Head office located at Kurasini Bendera Tatu, near Tanzania Habours Authority Headquarters,
Dar es Salaam.
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer.
National Health Insurance Fund