Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Employer: Akiba Commercial Bank
Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st December 2013
- To review the soundness, adequacy, application and efficiency of the operational business processes and controls to mitigate potential risks To advise the Board of Directors on the overall bank status with regard to the controls and compliance environments.
- To provide objective appraisals of the financial, credit and operational functions of the bank.
- To review the bank's compliance with existing controls, policies, plans and standards.
- To review the banks' compliance with laws and statutory regulations and guidelines.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the existing policies and/or provide advice in the need for formulation thereof.
- To plan and conduct periodic audits and special audits.
- To work closely with the external auditors and reviewers and bank examiners.
- To work closely with the Risk Department for areas of follow up or status of correction measures.
- To prepare and submit reports to the Board
- Prepare Annual Work Plans within the regulatory timeline.
- Update and present to the Board the bank's revised Audit Charter at least once each year.
- To provide leadership to a team of professionals in the audit department.
Qualification and Experience
- B. Com Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or equivalent CPA (T), ACCA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4-years work experience at a senior management level in a bank or private sector in a very competitive environment.
Key Competencies and Attributes
- High integrity and honesty
- Strong practical knowledge and skills bank related MIS
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and experience with Accounting or Audit MIS
- Strong writing and presentation skills A team builder and leader
- Excellent presentation skills
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to the Managing Director, Akiba Commercial Bank, with a detailed CV, stating your current position, email and telephone not later than 31st December 2013- Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interviews.