Job Title: Bursar
Application Deadline: 24th December 2013
- At least a degree in Accounting and possess a CPA, ACCA, C1MA or equivalent qualification; With at least 3 years working experience in reputable organization as a Senior Accountant.
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs i.e. ms word, excel and accounting package.
- Well conversant with IFRS and strong interpersonal, supervision and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at least for English and Kiswahili.
Duties and responsibilities
- Head the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and control all financial and accounting matters.
- Prepare and maintain proper accounting records.
- Prepare monthly reports, quarterly reports and any other financial information required
- Prepare IFRS based financial statements for auditing. Coordinate and oversee the reconciliation of bank statements, including payroll and petty cash
- Prepare estimates/budgets of income and expenditure (recurrent and development).
- Ensure existence of proper financial management and report any malpractices to the Principal
- Prepare sound investment plans for the College.
- Act as a contact person with college banker, and perform any other duties as may be assigned his/her seniors.
How to Apply:
General conditions for all candidates:
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidates.
Submit an application letter with a detailed cv, academic certificates, birth certificate, relevant testimonials; one passport size photograph, particulars of 3 referees, reliable telephone number and email address.
Applications may be in hard copies OR in scanned documents, send or email to:
The Chairperson of Governing Council,
DAR ES SALAAM
Indicate the post applied on top of the envelope OR in an email subject.