Job Title: Assistant General Manager
Employer: Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Co. Ltd
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 09th December 2013
Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Company Limited is one of the largest and financially strongest General Insurance Companies operating in Tanzania since 1999. It is an AA- rated company (strongest rating in Tanzania) by Global Credit Rating Company.
PHOENIX GROUP is a fast expanding group offering world class non -life insurance services in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Zambia and Botswana and is further spreading its wings to other countries in Africa to become Pan African Insurer.
The company offers a congenial working environment and opportunities for growth to its employees and is now seeking the services of a Tanzanian National to fill the vacancy of Assistant General Manager.
Reporting to CEO, the Assistant General Manager is in charge of the Underwriting and Claims Departments. The job also requires close liaison with our Brokers, Agents and Clients for procurement of business as well as servicing thereof.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To develop and maintain healthy relationship with our Brokers, Agents and Clients that would ensure growth and continuity of the operations.
• To coordinate and direct all operations and activities of the Underwriting Department of the company in ways and by means that would result in optimum business efficiency and effectiveness as well as work motivating, job-satisfying environment and competitive customer service.
• To maintain good public relations with both local and international contacts.
• To oversee operations of short term insurance companies
• To put in place strategies to develop business
• To make continuous study of companies requirement for growth.
• To coordinate and direct all operations and activities of the company with a view to optimize corporate business efficiency and effectiveness.
• To ensure that appropriate management structure and policies are developed and implemented.
• Renewal of Re-insurance treaties
• The candidates should also have sufficient knowledge of management of insurance software and ability to operate dedicated insurance software.
• The in-depth knowledge of non life policies, terms, conditions, rating and interpretation is a must.
• Qualification and Experience
• The company is looking for an individual who has burning desire to grow and can accept the challenges of fast growth. He should have a track record of professional strengths and interpersonal skills.
• The applicant must be a holder of Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) Degree or Fellow of Insurance Institute or equivalent with senior management experience of at least 15 years in short term insurance industry.
How to Apply
The result oriented and qualified candidate should send his/her application with a detailed CV to the undersigned
Phoenix of Tanzania Assurance Co. Ltd,
IPS Bldg., 8th Floor, Samora Avenue
P.O. Box 5961
Dar es Salaam